How to Apply for a Vermont Medical Marijuana Card:
- Download, print & fill out the State Registry Form. The form will open in a new tab.
- Ask your Doctor to fill out the Health Care Professional Verification section. If applicable, have your mental health care provider fill out and sign the Mental Health Care Provider Form.
- If applicable, have your designated caregiver fill out the Registered Caregiver Application.
- Send completed form and $50 processing fee to:
Department of Public Safety: Marijuana Registry
45 State Drive, Waterbury VT 05671
Be sure to choose Grassroots Vermont as your dispensary.
As a thank you, Grassroots will apply a $50 credit towards your first purchase.
The VMR must approve or deny an application in writing within 30 days of receipt of a completed application.
It will take approximately 3 weeks for your MMJ card to arrive in the mail.
5. Once you have your card, call us at 802-465-8081 to schedule an appointment.
This program is for Vermont Residents only.
If you have a diagnosis of a condition from the following list, you may qualify for a Vermont state issued medical marijuana card:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Crohn’s disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- if the disease or the treatment results in severe, persistent, and intractable symptoms.
- PTSD (requires the Mental Health Care Provider Form)
- A disease, medical condition, or its treatment that is chronic, debilitating, and produces one or more of the following intractable symptoms:
- cachexia or wasting syndrome
- chronic pain
- severe nausea
Please see the webpage for the Vermont Department of Public Safety: Marijuana Registry if you have more questions.